A thoughtfully designed and carefully maintained landscape can make a property stand out in a competitive real estate market, attracting more interest and potentially leading to a quicker sale at a higher price.
The importance of curb appeal cannot be overestimated when it comes to making a good first impression, attracting more interest, and potentially leading to a quicker sale at a higher price.
Why Invest in Landscape Design?
Landscaping creates the first impression a potential buyer has of a property and significantly impacts whether or not they decide to step inside. Real estate agents agree – homeowners should invest in landscape maintenance, lawn care services, and plant and tree care services before listing their home for sale.
Landscaping boasts a high ROI, impacting these key points in the home buying process:
- Increase in home value.
- Expanded perceived living space.
- Boosts curb appeal and attract buyers to your property.
- Makes the neighborhood more attractive and desirable.
- Makes the home feel more welcoming, and helps potential buyers to imagine themselves enjoying the outdoor space, relaxing, etc.
Homeowners who ramp up regular maintenance before listing the house can see 100-104% ROI on landscape maintenance costs, making it a great investment.
Top Value Landscape Features
When it comes to maximizing the value of your landscape, certain features stand out and can make a significant impact on your home’s resale value. According to the American Society of Landscape Architects, high-quality landscape design can increase property value by 10-20%.
Some of the top-value landscape features to consider include:
- An overall well-maintained and healthy landscape
- Eco-friendly landscaping
- Landscaped pathways
- Landscape lighting
- Irrigation system
- Wooden decks
By investing in these landscape features, you can elevate the overall appeal and value of your property, making it more enticing to potential buyers.
5 Landscape Tips to Make the Most of Your Property Showing
When it comes to landscape advice to prepare for your property showing, every homeowner should consider these five tips for increasing curb appeal.
- Ensure all equipment is functional. Buyers check outdoor equipment such as lights, irrigation systems, etc., and may be deterred if it does not work properly.
- Shape up shrubs and trees. Trimming, shaping, and pruning show how well the landscape is maintained and that the trees and shrubs are healthy.
- Freshen up mulch. The color of fresh mulch can enhance the contrast of surrounding plants to make them pop and help to suppress unsightly weeds.
- Power wash outdoor surfaces. Thoroughly cleaning the pavement, fencing, and siding results in sparkling surfaces that make landscape design shine.
- Add points of interest. Elements or features that draw attention and create focal points within the overall design, such as outdoor containers at house entrances/exits, can spark visual interest and direct flow.
Every home and landscape is unique, with its own set of characteristics, features, and maintenance requirements. While these tips are generally valuable for all homeowners, each property may benefit from additional services tailored to its specific needs. This could include repairing pathways or retaining walls, or incorporating sustainable landscaping solutions.
A landscaping company that recognizes the distinct attributes of your landscape can help you maximize its potential and increase its appeal to potential buyers.
LaurelRock is a full service landscape design, maintenance, and build company committed to helping you achieve all your landscape goals and prepare your home for showing. Our team of expert residential landscape professionals offers thoughtful landscape advice and custom services to help you make the most of your property showing.
Contact us today at 203-544-0062 and kick up your home’s curb appeal.