The LaurelRock Company is an award winning, full-service landscape design/build/maintenance firm servicing exceptional residential properties and estates in Connecticut and New York for 45 years. We are proud of our reputation for innovative design, high quality workmanship and uncompromised customer service.
As part of our growth strategy, we are seeking a highly motivated landscape construction project manager with 5+ years of experience in a related position. Candidate must demonstrate a clear understanding of landscape construction techniques including installation of hardscapes, firepits, outdoor kitchens, gunite pools, grading, drainage, planting, irrigation, lighting and fencing.
The successful candidate will embrace teamwork, think creatively, honor the client, invest in the community, continuously improve, act with integrity and listen, learn and lead – all of which are our Core Principles.
- Develop trusted relationships and proactively communicate with clients throughout the project
- Act as the point person for the client, and maintain open communication with the landscape architect and construction operations manager
- Build estimates and construction contracts based on detailed construction drawings
- Manage subcontractor selection, bidding, contracts and change orders
- With the support of our Contract Administrator, manage project financials including contracts, invoicing, payments and job costing
- Lead the project through design, permitting, approvals and construction to completion
- Manage the construction schedule to ensure deadlines & client’s expectations are met
- Use weekly site visits to inspect work, ensure adherence to the plans, reinforce the design intent and overall vision, and confirm the quality and integrity of the work
- Ensure a clean start by checking production pack for all pertinent updated documents prior to issuance, leading a pre-construction meeting on site, and confirming scheduling
- Ensure a clean finish with a complete punch list, a final walk-through with client, educating client on new features and controllers within the landscape, and a clear hand-off to our maintenance team