The LaurelRock Company is an award-winning, full-service landscape design/build/maintenance firm, servicing exceptional residential properties and estates in Connecticut and New York for 45 years. We are proud of our reputation for innovative design, high quality workmanship and uncompromised customer service.
We are seeking a highly motivated designer preferably with a degree in landscape design or landscape architecture and 5+ years of experience as a design professional. Candidate must demonstrate technical proficiency in CAD-based design software using a combination of Vectorworks, ACAD, PhotoShop, SketchUp, InDesign and/or Lumien.
The successful candidate will have an agile personality, excellent communication skills, an independent work ethic, a professional approach and show enthusiasm for their work.
Position responsibilities include:
- Develop relationships and proactively communicate with clients
- Conduct site inventory, take site measurements and shoot existing grades for base plan
- Prepare digital base plan with title block based on property survey and field data
- Research applicable town codes and regulations and apply to design
- Produce and render conceptual plans of presentation quality
- Generate 3-D digital models and site fly-throughs using software
- Produce construction drawing sets including details and elevations
- Effectively manage time to work on multiple projects in various phases of design and construction concurrently
- Participate in weekly coordination meetings, team meetings and ongoing process improvement efforts
- Prepare construction budget projections and cost estimates
- Present and review project drawings and detailed estimates with clients
- Assist in project management during construction