City: Lower Fairfield County and Surrounding Area
U.S. State: Connecticut
Zip/postal code: 06801
Country: United States
Job type: Full Time
Hourly rate based on experience. Season Position – March – December
Established in 1975, The LaurelRock Company is an award winning, full service landscape design/build/ maintenance firm. We service some of the most outstanding, high-end residential properties in Fairfield County, Connecticut. Our team of dedicated professionals, work in concert to create outstanding landscaped environments for our clients to enjoy. We are proud of our reputation for innovative design, high quality workmanship and uncompromised customer service; and we’re looking forward to having you join our team!
Position responsibilities include:
- Take responsibility for daily work tasks even if it does not include masonry
- Communicate openly with clients, supervisor and all team members
- Insure quality level and completion of work within scheduled time
- Basic masonry skills to include grading and drainage work, bluestone patios, stonewalls and retaining walls made from various stone products
- Ability to safely handle tree removal equipment such as; chippers, chainsaws, etc.
- DOT Medical Card certified to drive heavy trucks such as a Ford F-550.
- Layout and install planting beds per drawings
- Operate John Deere backhoe/loader and Caterpillar skidsteer
- Coordinate purchase and delivery of hard materials to job sites
- Participate in weekly training sessions (tailgate/safety talks)
- Attend courses and seminars to increase your knowledge and
- Operate and maintain assigned power equipment and hand tools
Education, training, experience:
College degree in related field or 1-3 years of relevant experience. Knowledge of zones 5-7 plant material and previous maintenance experience is beneficial. Looking for a responsible, detail oriented, proactive, multi-tasker with a professional outlook. Bilingual (English/Spanish/Portuguese) is a plus! Successful applicant will receive a competitive compensation, will have an excellent opportunity for personal and professional growth and be part of a rewarding team environment.
We are looking for immediate placement. Only those available to start immediately should apply.
This position will report to our Bethel, CT facility.
Application Options & Instructions
Send cover letter and resume via email or fax to:
Fax: (203) 587-1430