City, region, area: Lower Fairfield County and Surrounding Area
U.S. State: Connecticut
Zip/postal code: 06897
Country: United States
Job type: Full-Time
Hourly rate based on experience. Season Position – March – December
Established in 1975, The LaurelRock Company is an award winning, full service landscape design / build /maintenance firm. We service some of the most outstanding, high-end residential properties in Fairfield County, Connecticut. Our team of dedicated professionals works in concert to create outstanding landscaped environments for our clients to enjoy. LaurelRock is a family-owned business that has grown from 3 to 37 employees over the past fourteen years. We are proud of our reputation for innovative design, high quality workmanship and uncompromised customer service; and we’re looking forward to having you join our team!
We are seeking a talented individual to join our award-winning landscape management team. Position responsibilities include:
- Take responsibility for daily work tasks even if it does not include masonry
- Communicate openly with clients, supervisor and all team members
- Insure quality level and completion of work within scheduled time
- Basic masonry skills to include grading and drainage work, bluestone patios, stonewalls and retaining walls made from various stone products
- Ability to safely handle tree removal equipment such as chippers, chainsaws, etc.
- DOT Medical Card certified to drive heavy trucks such as a Ford F-550.
- Layout and install planting beds per drawings
- Operate John Deere backhoe/loader and Caterpillar skidsteer
- Coordinate purchase and delivery of hard materials to job sites
- Participate in weekly training sessions (tailgate/safety talks)
- Attend courses and seminars to increase your knowledge and skills
- Operate and maintain assigned power equipment and hand tools
- Dependable and always on time/early - work 40+ hours per week including Saturdays during season
- Physically able to lift up 60+ lbs and work at a fast pace for 8+ hours per day in the elements
Education, training, experience:
College degree in related field or 1-3 years of relevant experience. Knowledge of zones 5-7 plant material and previous maintenance experience is beneficial. Looking for a responsible, detail oriented, proactive, multi-tasker with a professional outlook. Bilingual (English/Spanish/Portuguese) is a plus! Successful applicant will receive a competitive compensation, will have an excellent opportunity for personal and professional growth and be part of a rewarding team environment. We are looking for immediate placement. Only those available to start immediately should apply.
Application Options & Instructions
Send cover letter and resume via email or fax to:
Apply by email: HR@laurelrock.com
Fax: (203) 587-1430